Sunday, May 19, 2013

El Último Día


I can’t believe it’s our last day in Chile. I didn’t know two weeks could go by so quickly. Although we were out pretty late last night, we were all up early today to take full advantage of the little time we have left here in Viña del Mar. Today is a day full of ‘lasts’: our last pastelería pastry, last trip to the beach, and last empanada. I’m looking forward to being home, particularly to hot showers, but I will sincerely miss this trip.

After running those final errands, we packed up our stuff and said our goodbyes to the Chilean students. I think what I will miss most about this trip will be the people I’ve gotten to know over these past two weeks: both my Pitt and USM friends. Without each of them, my time spent in Chile would not have been the same.

I hope to be back to Chile someday, perhaps on a more extended study abroad trip. I’ve come to very much appreciate the language and culture of this country, and would like to spend some more time exploring the rest of it. But maybe next time I’ll go when its Chile’s summer; I don’t think I can take much more of these 40-degree days in May.

To anyone in Chile reading this blog, thank you. Thank you for taking the time to make me feel welcome, and for sharing with me such an unforgettable two week experience. I don’t think that this is a ‘goodbye’, but rather a ‘see you soon’. 
Hasta pronto, Chile.

1 comment: