Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Un Día Relajante


Today was spent entirely at a nearby location that seemed like a country club. It had both heated and non-heated pools, a tennis court, and restaurant. Although it was a bit breezy in the morning, the sun was very warm by the afternoon. Justine, Kelsey, Josh, Brendan and I tanned by the cold pool since it was less crowded. We also talked to Consuelo, Ignacio, and Valeria. They at one point told us that Chileans don’t really eat peanut butter, which is why we’ve never seen it in stores. This may affect my plans of moving here, I’ll have to see if I can have a few jars shipped ahead of time.

We then went to lunch, which was a plate of fries, egg, and beef, followed by a salad. Dessert was a lemon pie and some sort of mousse. After lunch some people played soccer, while the rest of us sat around the pool some more. After seeing all of the injuries that happened in soccer these past few days, I was happy I stuck to tanning.

At around 4, we walked about 4 blocks down the road to Verner’s (Santa Maria’s head of Industrial Engineering and our Chilean correspondent) house. I have to say Verner has one of the most fun backyards I’ve been to. He had an outdoor kitchen, foosball and ping pong tables, as well as apples trees and grape vines. He also had a pool, though it was definitely too cold to swim in. He had hired a chef to cook us pork sausages and chicken/beef kebobs, which were all delicious. A few people even helped him to build an extra table since the ones he had weren’t large enough for everyone to sit. It was so much fun to eat, chat, and play games together since the trip is starting to wind down. I think we all very much appreciated that Verner would go out of his way to make sure we all had a great time. I’m really going to miss everyone; these two weeks have gone way too fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment